Non- English Speaking Callers
- What is 911 & Enhanced 911
- Non- English Speaking Callers
- 911 FAQ's
- Weather Alerts
- Emergency Management Information
- Alarm Notification
- Safety Tips to Prevent Space Heater Fires
- Tips to Prepare Your Home for Cold Weather
- Tips on Preventing Chimney Fires
Address211 E. Newton St. Versailles, MO 65084
It is common for 9-1-1 centers to have bilingual 9-1-1 call takers and dispatchers; however if there is not one available, the 9-1-1 call taker can add on an interpreter through the use of a language line service, which offers translations in more than 140 languages.
A non-English speaking caller may hear a short conversation in English and some clicking sounds as an interpreter is added to the 9-1-1 call.