Voter Registration

Aimee Worthley

Aimee Worthley

100 E. Newton Room 23 Versailles, MO 65084

Who May Register?

If you are a convicted felon, you may register to vote after you have served your entire sentence, including any probation or parole.

You may not register to vote if a court has declared you incapacitated.

Residency Requirements

Missouri has no residency requirements to register to vote; however, you must be registered to vote by the 4th Wednesday prior to an election in order to vote in that election.

Where do I register?

You may register at the Morgan County Clerk's office at: 100 E. Newton, Versailles, Missouri Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Versailles License Bureau 108 N. Monroe, Versailles, Missouri Division of Family Services

(To guarantee the County Clerk's office receives your voter registration application, we strongly urge that you appear in person at the County Clerk's office to register to vote.)

Change of Address If you have moved since you first registered to vote in Morgan County, you must file a change of address before you can vote.

Click here to print an address transfer form. You may mail it to the address below. You may also fax it to 573-378-5991. (This form is to only be used if you have moved WITHIN Morgan County, not if you are moving from another county.)

Aimee Worthley Morgan County Clerk

100 E. Newton Room 23 Versailles, MO 65084

Change of Name

If you have changed your name, you will need to come by our office and sign a new card.

When Do I Vote? Click here for an election calendar. Missouri has a consolidated election schedule. Elections may be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of the following months: February, March, April, June, August and November.

Where Do I Vote?

After you have registered to vote you will be mailed your voter identification card listing your precinct and polling location.

The list of precincts and polling locations are listed in the Versailles Leader Statesmen newspaper the second Wednesday before the election. You may also click here for voting locations.

The publication will also contain a sample ballot of those candidates and/or issues to be voted on at the election. You may also click here for a sample ballot.

How Do I Vote?

You must have an updated address on your voter registration before you vote.

If you have not filed a change of address by Election day, your address will need to be updated so you can be assigned to the correct polling location for your new address.

Take your voter identification card with you to your polling place. If you lose your card, you may request a replacement. If you don't have your ID card, you will need to show another form of identification in order to vote.

Acceptable forms of identification include:

Party Preference

Missouri does not register voters by political party so you will not be asked about any party affiliation when you register. However, you may only receive 1 party ballot when you vote at each Primary Election. You must request a party ballot from the election judges when you vote a Primary Election, but you do not have to choose the same party ballot at subsequent primaries.

Absentee Ballots

You may vote by absentee ballot if you are unable to go to the polls because of:

The quickest and most efficient way is to apply in person. You will immediately receive your ballot to be voted in the office.

You may vote in person until 5:00 pm the day before an election.

You may have your ballot mailed to your address. Call or write for an application to be sent. The deadline for receiving an application for an absentee ballot to be mailed out is 5 P.M. on the Wednesday before an election. All absentee ballots that are mailed by voters must be voted and returned to the County Clerk's office before the polls close on Election Day. You will need to sign the envelope that the ballot goes in before a Notary Public.

Click here for an application for an absentee ballot that you can print, complete and mail to our office.

Voting Services for the Elderly, Disabled and Handicapped Voters

You may register to vote by mail.

Absentee balloting in the County Clerk's office is an option or you may register to have your name added to the permanent absentee application list. Once on that list, you will be sent an application for each Election Day in the year. You will need to return a completed application for each election in which you wish to vote. Your absentee ballot will be mailed to you.

If a voter is blind or cannot read, he or she may have a person of his or her choosing accompany them to help vote their ballot. Also, a bi-partisan team of election workers may read the ballot to a voter and mark the ballot at the voter's direction.

Voting supplies may be brought to a voter at his or her car if he or she is unable to get inside their polling place.

Persons that are on the permanent disabled list for voting will not have to have their ballot envelope notarized.